Monday, December 24, 2007

Arrival of another year

Here we are at the end of another year. Hard to believe that 2007 is gone and 2008 is beginning her push closer to completion of our first decade in the 2000’s. When I think about date years I reflect back to 1976 and the Bi-Centennial and 1977. April 1977 was the year of the big flood in my life time, and I’ve got a few other years that make my remembrance highlight list too.
2007 has been a year of memories. My niece Morgan Alexandra Mills won in the Kentucky State Fair back in August, winning showing her goats and chickens. I realize to some this will be funny but memories are memories and to watch her delight in being a part of this type of event is a joy. I am not fully sure but she so sweet and precious I believe she enjoyed showing at the fair and learning, more then the check she received for winning after the State Fair. I know I get it wrong but she also participated and placed like 7th in a National Show as well, and all I can say with a smile is she loves her chickens!
Another memory is finally getting the mountain behind the house cleaned and straightened up. Now this you might be laughing at too, but this project began, well let me just write it began back several years ago. It started with trimming a few trees, then removing a few trees, then cutting a lot of trees. Added to the memory I will include I began digging a ditch, then moving just a little dirt, and after additional considerations my father and I thought it best to just level things out a bit. We built up my brother front and back yard, filled in some low spots and still discovered ourselves moving more dirt because we were no longer just moving a little dirt and trees, but clearing off a whole mountain, and that’s no small feat with a Kubota Tractor. Yes, you should be smiling about now attempting to imagine what that looked liked. Personally, I’m laughing because it is a part of the memories of 2007.
Now 2008 is ringer the door bell and without delay she will arrive on time. What plans do you have as you consider this New Year? Each of us has many unfulfilled dreams and plans that we once held to and worked towards. Maybe the average person doesn’t get to excited one way or the other. The average person may sit back, just relaxing, getting in no rush for anything, waiting for everything to come to them. Choices made in life some will blame everything on because of those experiences, while maybe others will take another road that attempts to find more suitable answers or solutions.
2008 is here and you may be the type of person that is full of joy as you have completed various steps from 2007 and see light, or even new light or maybe just more light around the corner. The real plans, our plans held for 2008 will not just arrive without effort on our part. Not sure what you have scheduled or believe should happen during this New Year to be, but I would suggest lean not so heavy on your plans and trust more in His direction so you will stay on course.

Until then

No comments: