Friday, October 26, 2012

Commander and Chief

With the three Presidential debates completed and many of these United States already voting we are at a rapid pace toward Election Day. We all have the ability to smile and laugh at various things throughout life. I have found some moments in this election that has caused me to not only smile and laugh by have also put me in moments of shock and disbelieve too. Funny moments for me are discovered in just simply watching the candidates. Now I enjoy people watching on a busy street, at an airport and even at church dinners. How folks interact, move about, what they are observing are all interesting. In this election cycle I have thought about the fact we love to witness expressions made by children. The more intimated the better we enjoy them, but let one of these candidates smile at the wrong time and we clearly have them marked as insensitive, rude, and we some individuals could ‘Facebook’ for days. I am someone that likes to smile. I love this journey we call life, I enjoy not only the moments created, but I enjoy the seconds of last moments too. Learning to cherish time is important and learning how to experience the time we have could be the toughest learning curve in a lifetime. I witnessed a great moment in time the other day that put my mind to thinking about how we experience time is important. I was listening to a real “gripe session” and one individual in particular was really worked up. I witnessed this other individual walk over and it looked like he was moving a piece of thread or something off this guy’s shoulder. As I looked closer I noticed he was ‘flicking’. Finally after a couple seconds of standing there with his hand at this guy’s shoulder the fellow asked, “what are you doing?”, which the reply was, “knocking this chip off your shoulder”. It was a funny moment and for me and others there it was a reminder of what is really important and a reminder of appropriate ways to use up your energy, and this being one that should be tabled. Listening to folks talk about their opinion and what they believe is right can be enlightening, and challenging. Sometimes we need to be reminded of things we’ve already been told, just as we need to sometimes hear what has never been spoken before. You may have heard it a hundred times that Jesus Christ loves you, and it could be that this is the first time you’ve ever heard of Jesus, If you’ve heard of this guy before I would point out that He hasn’t gone anywhere since you first heard his name and were introduced. He is as solid as a rock and is not afraid to be your friend no matter what is happening around you. If this is your first introduction, then let me just say this. You may discover or conclude that Jesus Christ is not someone you want as a friend, but if you never give Him the opportunity to demonstrate His love and plan for you then this fact will remain forever true. You missed out not only on a great friend, but a real Commander and Chief. Until then

No comments: