Friday, November 8, 2013

"Thanks-Giving" Scott Koon - David Graves - Christian Moore

This is "Thanks-Giving" Season for me and with each column I write this month I am not only taking the opportunity to say thanks to people that have impacted my life but I am praying you will be inspired to create your own method of saying "thanks" and "giving" of yourself in some way that will be an impact such as you have received. Some of you are doing the days of November and I applaud that or any plan as long as it comes from your heart. I do believe you will get the most out of your effort if you take time to reflect, naming the blessings, yes, listing them one by one. Employment is something that during these economic times especially is one topic that we should be able to find some "Thanks-Giving" attitude of appreciation toward. As some of you know, I have a lot of interest. I don't mind having a resume full of different companies, highlighting various responsibilities I have assumed or project I have undertaken. For those whom our connection is this newspaper column, you might think this is my full-time career but it isn't. Sometimes the work creating columns makes me think this is full-time, but I love doing this too. Since 2009 I have worked in an agency as an Agent of State Farm and this time period also includes my time working directly for State Farm Corporation. In November 2012 I meet David Graves and Christian Moore. Two guys I had never known prior to our training in the corporation. My biggest influence, supporter and trusted adviser in agency has been Agent Scott Koon. He provided me the opportunity to join his team, learn the system, and he helped guide me in my goals and I will be forever grateful to Agent Koon and his leadership in my career and my personal life. It is during this season of "Thanks-Giving" that I publicly want to acknowledge him, David and Christian. David Graves was once the youngest women's basketball coach in the NCAA. He was head coach at Western Ky University. I say he was, because he is older now, and has been replaced by some younger "whipper-snapper"..as I like to say. A great husband, father and dedicated student to the industry. David is a master at team involvement and his experience includes knowing how to be a gracious loser. His success in the Final Four teaches more than I can write in this particular column. David lives with his wife and children and operates David Graves State Farm Christian Moore is a young father, and husband who has committed his life and family to serving others through their Christian Faith and dedication to make a difference in the world with their lives. A goal they have been successful at already. The future success and impact will happen because they have not quit giving of themselves. Consistent practice is what makes perfect is a great motto for Christian. One he demonstrates continuously. My "Thanks-Giving" for these three are that friends are easy to find when things are going great and gloriously. It is when things change unexpected, without warning that one is able to see clearly through the smoke and fire of things who is still standing, unmoved, and extending a hand of help. Scott, David and Christian have earned they way into my season of "Thanks-Giving" by always calling, emailing, and simply asking how are you doing? I am confident that you might three individuals in your life just like this. If you do, I would suggest an acknowledgment to let them know, you noticed. Until then

No comments: