Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My First Christmas in Heaven - A Tim H Mills Tradition

15 years ago in 1998 at the passing of my Grandfather Clarence Hobert Mills, a great friend of mine attempted to reach out and minister to me during his passing. He attempted to accomplish this by sending me the poem My First Christmas in Heaven. I had never seen the poem before, or heard it recited prior to this experience. The fact of its impact on my life is as such that this is year 16 for me to share it in my column as we celebrate this Christmas Season. Traditions are a very important of family activities and the loss of a family member is a big interruption to the which was easily predictable because of our loved ones presence. It is my prayer for each person that has lost a loved one in 2013 that this poem will bring the comfort I received when I read it for the very first time. I also pray that My First Christmas in Heaven will be an encouragement to you spiritually. I pray that your Christian Faith will be lifted from the burden of your loss so that you will see the love, mercy and grace that is extended by a loving Savior named Jesus Christ, who happens to also be my Lord. Heaven is a place of many unique characteristics. All pain and suffering is gone. All despair and lost hope is restored as your Christian faith becomes alive meeting the creator face to face. All your questions are immediately answered by simply walking through the gates of that City. The Bible says that we will be known as we are known. I can't imagine the reunions that take place when loved ones are reunited in a chorus of praise to Jesus Christ for his unspeakable gifts. Accept this poem this year, as a gift from Him. A gift of encouragement, a gift of love and a gift of hope and peace. Until then My First Christmas in Heaven, I see the countless Christmas Trees Around the world below, with tiny lights, like Heaven's Stars, reflecting on the snow The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear, For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year. I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear, But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring. For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing. I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart, but I am not so far away, we really aren't apart. So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear and be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

No comments: