Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Countdown 2014

It is the final rush to Christmas...or should I say it is the countdown to Christmas! When I think of a holiday I often relate the thoughts of a holiday to a vacation. I might be the only person in America that does this, but I am thinking there are many that have the same mindset. The only negative part of this mind thought processing is that for most folks the Christmas holiday is no vacation. Actually as I am thinking vacation thoughts, most of the time when individuals and families go on vacations those days are filled with activities from sunrise to beyond sunset. This is not exactly my thoughts about a holiday or a vacation. Understanding the urgency of time is easy. Most often the issue with time arrives because when we had the opportunity to be productive we delayed by pushing back that which could be accomplished for another day. Now that the 'other day' has arrived it is easy to find folks trying to figure out if they are 'coming' or 'going'. We've all been there and we have all witnessed others who are caught up in the whirlwind too. It is much more enjoyable to be a witness to the chaos than a participant. I am not sure that I have any suggestions if you find yourself caught up in the wind at this stage in the Christmas countdown. The only advice I can share would be honest about the situation because truth is, the situation is what it is. Running out of time is never any fun unless you love the scramble and that was your plan all along. One of the challenges to the Christmas Holiday and to a perfect vacation is the disconnect. It might be possible from your experiences with medical physicians that you schedule an appointment, you arrive at your appointment and you are seen at your appointment time. I tend to believe that the average medical physician experience is an understanding that they have double and triple booked your appointment time and you will be seen but just not at your scheduled appointment hour. For many, this is a frustrating experience and the situation could be totally out of our control. One of the solutions to the busyness of life is making sure that we handle the things we are in control of and relay on the 'Serenity Prayer' for all things in-between and questioned. Learning to enjoy life has to do with learning to enjoy no plans or schedule at all. One of the ways to succeed at this is to make plans and finish the details as you have opportunity. For example I am a Christian. I realize many are not and many do not believe but I have found faith in Jesus Christ to be the answer for all my unanswered questions. There is an old hymn song that says "the old account was settled long ago". As my life relates to my faults, failures, and struggles, me and Jesus have settled my debt. In the deal He forgave me of all my sins. This truth I have discovered has given me the courage to live life with no plans and no schedule. Anyone that knows me personally would say that I live an organized and planned out life. I would agree, but there are times in life our plans are not the events we experience. Our planned schedule of activities in the future experience a change of plans and even venues that we have absolutely no control over. Early I mentioned in writing the word disconnect. Breaking away, separating from or being out of the loop is a challenge but it can also be a blessing. This Christmas Holiday or your moment of vacation could be just what is needed to give you the proper reconnection to the important things in life. Giving the perfect gift or securing that perfect requested item for a loved one or great friend can be very satisfying and appreciated. Giving what you have, giving yourself, the genuine you could also be the gift of a lifetime too. After all, that is what Jesus did. He gave His all and that gift has made all the difference. Until then

No comments: