Friday, January 16, 2015

What's up with your 'VIBE'

There are so many things in life that we send and share our personal 'vibes' about with others we meet and know. When I think about 'vibe' items I have signaled that are important to me they include foods items like: pizza; corn dogs; hot pretzels; Soda drinks like Squirt and a Royal Crown Cola. (In my opinion if you claim to be a Christian and because Jesus is a Royal King how could you not like an R.C?; In the music 'vibe' as a Kentuckian it must be Bluegrass Music; If these facts you knew about me you can place yourself in my 10 best friends list! If you know the remaining unnamed two other items then you know you are named in my Last Will and Testament! For those that are not sure about the definition of the word 'Vibe' it is wise to understand the word is used in many different settings. A big difference in style and meaning varies from a younger generation to an aged and season people group. 'Vibes' come up in conversation that are negative and positive. These 'vibes' we share can also be easily misunderstood if we don't understand in some aspect or part the history of the individual sharing. Someone who has experienced and been emotionally crushed by untruths will find it very difficult to open up to such opportunities to repeat the process again. If someone is guarded there is a history behind the reason for this attitude. The positive vibes I have personally mentioned all have a history too. Pizza goes back to the hour and location I was born. That story is for another day and in honors my parents. If you've never heard of National Corn Dog Day then there you have it. Who needs another reason to celebrate such a special creation and mixture of cornmeal, flower and a hot dog all deep-fried. Bluegrass Music honors the mountain heritage of the people of Kentucky and it is a style of music known, appreciated and loved the world over. If you know the history and the shape of pretzels then you know they are crossed praying hands created by monks. I have always bought RC Cola's for church events and most people respond with something like, "who drinks RC?", when I respond with what Christian doesn't? there is always a laugh or smile. Sometimes it creates a flash back memory of an RC and peanuts moment of their childhood. Final reason would be to begin a conversation on the subject of Jesus and a Royal Crown cola. Now that might seem really funny or even dumb to some but I've got many positive stories to share from such witnessing opportunities. For me and my walk with Jesus this all makes perfect sense totally personally. In life we have many opportunities to love life, love things and love Jesus with all our hearts. Scripture says Jesus uses all things and for me, I believe this too. Happy New Year and I pray your 'vibe' is working well for you too. Until then

No comments: