Friday, September 18, 2015

Family Memories - My most important memory growing is?

Growing up as a little boy I have some great memories. My memory bank includes lots of different moments with a lot of different people. I remember the time my Aunt Jean Mills bought me a big teddy bear and today as an adult she reminds me that for some reason when I was little I always stepped on her toes. My memories include eating green apples from my great-grandmother Ellen Bingham's porch. That memory includes eating too many of them too. It is funny what you can remember and my memories of my great-grandfather's include me making them mad. "Pap", my mother's grandfather, George Martin Carnes, Sr., I would upset when I would let the well bucket drop down into the well or I let it hit the sides causing dirt to fall in the water. My dad's grandfather, Nasby Mills, I would upset anytime I'd let the screen door slam. Watching "Pap" roll his cigarettes from a Prince Albert can I always found amazing for some reason. My grandfather Alonzo's sister, my Aunt Dorothy, provided me with hundreds of memories when I was growing up. Being able to write and I.O.U. (this means: I owe you) and picking out a piece of candy and getting a soda pop on her is not my most precious memory but it was one gesture for sure that meant she loved you. Riding horses and ponies is a childhood memories from both the Carnes and Bingham side of my families. My great-uncle Jeff and aunt Evelyn Warren were in the logging business and owned a saw mill. Besides eating my aunt's cooking, pulling on the airhorn in his log trucks until the air tanks were empty were always fun! I don't believe my cousins enjoyed having to scotch the wheels and build back up the air pressure was any fun for them, but it was a blast for me. I could write a column each week for a year on memories from my childhood and just begin to touch the surface of my memory bank. The memory most cherished for me is remembering when and where it was that I became a Christian. I remember the questions I was asking and I remember the answers I was given. It is amazing how any single moment sticks with you and how important single activities and events really are. Sharing with my family my personal memories is very important to me. The most important historical fact is that I personally know Jesus Christ as my Heavenly Father and in Him I place all my trust and confidence. Until then

No comments: