Monday, August 1, 2022

Be an asset and not a write-off

What is the value of life? Is there a price you have associated with, what a life is worth? When you calculate the value of life, is it a goal or an accomplishments that solidifies the value? I ask these questions of you, because I have asked myself the same questions. I have found great value in asking questions throughout my journey in life. Placing a value on things can be challenging. It is easy to find the value of a car, we all go to the Kelly Bluebook for that answer. We are use to values, because nearly everyday we ask ourselves the value of things we purchase. For example, we all know the price of gasoline, but is the cost worth it? I think this is a great question because most of us would say, absolutely not. The price of gasoline is outrageous, yet we are still paying the price for it and we would say it is overrated. So what’s the mindset, the evaluation tools you use for calculating the value of a life? Personally, I’ve asked this question of myself. When I look at my hospital bills received from November 2014 through May 2020, I question my value. I am so thankful for my medical providers, the hospitals who conducted test, procedures and who gave my life saving treatment. I’ve been a resident of six different nursing home, have you ever asked how much that care cost? Stand by for “invoice shock” if you do. No doubt their services in my life were absolutely necessary, I’m grateful, but I question the cost on me. Medications and surgeries? How about $15,000. an hour, for an operating room? This single cost has me really doubting my value for sure. The cost for life sustaining measures is shocking and it too causes me to question the value of my life? While these questions, I find most reasonable to ask for myself, I know it is impossible to place a real value on a life. Even though my family has told me I’m not with a nickel…. The value of your life and mine, was paid with the most extreme sacrifice. The value of our lives was determined long ago, by an individual identified as God. He considered our value and He determine we were worth the price of His only Son, Jesus. That price was paid before our very existence occurred. Have you ever prepaid for something? If you did, I’m sure you evaluated the source, to see if you thought they were reliable and would deliver. I know not your evaluation of the source Jesus, but I believe the scriptures and you my friend are priceless! God’s love, grace, mercy and forgiveness are also priceless. So when it comes to you, He paid it all. And as for considering our personal value, that’s my motivation for striving to be an asset and not a write-off in His work here on earth. Until then

No comments: