Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's a good feeling to know folks care...

Knowing you are cared for is not exactly the easiest thing to buy into totally. Life extends some very hard knocks to individuals and even families. It would be nice to say that all one needs to do each morning is rise and shine and off we go on the yellow brick road, but that’s not true. Yes, we should rise and shine and that is a positive attitude that makes a difference, but even the yellow brick road may contact some patch work that we must be aware of as we travel.
For those who have experienced the pot holes and detours off the yellow brick road will know doubt find it difficult to be cheerleaders all the time. If we are giving applause for truthfulness, then let’s be honest and admit that life is not a pot hole free travel. When I look back at life I am at a spot where I am thankful for those rough moments in life that has caused me to reconsider, rethink and reevaluate where I am and where I am heading.
It is amazing how feeling like others care about you has such a connection to our own self worth and confidence. Honesty mandates that we understand not everyone who says that they care, actually does, but nevertheless knowing that some folks care does provide a foundation that we can use as a solid footing for a road filled with holes and detours. We expect that family cares, but some could share this is not true at all. Sad that our families are not concerned nor care, but it is what it is. I wish I could write that our friends will always be true but that will not be 100% accurate either.
What I can say is that when I am down I consider the value and worth that Jesus Christ sees in me and that often lifts me up. Sometimes I have been tired and just not able to press on with a happy smile in spite of the happy disposition I want to display. Especially in that situation, I am grateful for the love that He has already shown me. What an encouragement to rely on Him for that smile when my facial cheeks don’t want to life showing a happy face.
You can achieve that disposition by remembering that you were first created in His image. What a unique spot to consider. The creator of the Universe made me in His image. I have all the talents and skills necessary, but I might need to get them out and polish them up after I dust them off. Often times we have what we need in life, but he are just not familiar with how it works or maybe even how to turn it on?
Another fact worth considering is that He doesn’t place more on us then we can bear. Certainly I have thought I was crushed on several occasions only to remind myself that it’s not true. I maybe crushed, but not in despair. Knowing I have a direction and answer in whom to turn to is very encouraging.
Jesus Christ really does love us and He does have an abundant plan for our lives. One of my personal self caring traits is to be reminded that His plan is best for me and even though I may have many questions about how things work out in the end. Learning how to lean on Jesus is definitely an answer. That answer works when we are wondering if anyone really cares. When all is said and done, know this one fact for certain. Jesus cares, always has, always will.

Until then

No comments: