Sunday, October 4, 2009

90 Days Remain in 2009!

It is hard to believe but October is here, fall is official, and our opportunity of choices continues daily as we are granted another day here on planet earth. My personal scripture focus for 2009 has been I Corinthians 4:8-9. “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; Perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not abandoned; Struck down, but not destroyed.”
Consideration of these closing days in 2009 continue to create questions of which I am seeking answers still, while yet I have discovered some answers to issues and questions that I have been baffled by as well. In these closing 90 days of the year I believe more then enough time remains for full discovery and understanding if you and I are up for the task.
A part of the discouragement that I believe fills many plates is our reaction to news that we hear from the political side of life. It appears the United States is now all upset that the Country of Brazil won their search and goal to host the 2016 Olympics. The City of Chicago wanted this opportunity, but the Olympic International Selection Committee eliminated our city in the first round. It has been called a “devastating blow” the City of Chicago and even the Presidency of Barack Hussain Obama. I personally am not sure how the selection of the 2016 Olympics Site trumps or scares our President but apparently to some observers and commentators it does. I’ve been to Brazil and Rio de Janeiro and I am happy there were selected, after all the Country of Brazil has never hosted the Olympics before, so I’m thinking this is a good thing. My concern is why this announcement is so upsetting. I would think the fact that no one has stepped forward with information about the beating of a 16 year old teenager in Chicago should be the real focus of our attention. If Chicago seems to far away for our concern, how about our attention being focused on finding the responsible individuals for the death of a U.S. Census worker who was hanged to death in Clay County as a more important matter?
If you want one more downside to items that bring about possible discouragements for life here in Southeastern Kentucky, how about the issue of family incomes regarding the Health Care Debate? When I hear members of the Congress and our U.S. Senators talk about income levels for families making less then $250,000.00 per year, even I can get distracted. The Congressional understanding of Middle American is way off base. Why doesn’t our Kentucky Congressman’s and U.S. Senator’s talk about families that make less then $30,000.00 per year and demonstrate their decision based on those family income levels for a real spread sheet on their decision and it’s impact on us, the average proud resident of Southeastern Kentucky.
All these issues will make us hard pressed for answers and they are perplexing, but with or without health care I am not crushed. I do have a health insurance policy that provides for a complete new body in that the City of Heaven. As for abandoned and struck down by the decisions of others, I should not be destroyed, because I have as a Heavenly home a City not make by human hands, but rather by the Master’s Touch.
There is hope still, don’t grow weary of doing good, for in due season you and I will reap, if we faint not.

Until then

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see that hand!!! Keep up the great work Hobart