Saturday, July 30, 2011

The real Debit Crisis of 2011

Debt Crisis is the word for those of you who have been traveling outside the United States and had no contact with any news source for the past two months. Now that we have that dreaded day in August arriving all the politicians seem to be in a mad rush to get something done. There is no doubt that Washington D.C. is in a three way battle. The Republicans, Democrats and the Tea Party make up our modern day fiscal war. Yes, I specifically left out the President of the United States because my academic civics taught me that Congress is responsible for writing laws, passing laws, and creating and passing budgets. It seems easy to pass the buck in today’s political climate, and seems like our elected officials only know that process. While this Debt Crisis issue roars I am sure Congress will continues until the last minute and then each party will take credit for sparing us of the crisis. True is, this crisis will not pass come August 2nd. This crisis will not pass until the government of the United States lives within her means. Overwhelming debt can be quite a burden and it can leave you feeling totally helpless or at least feeling as if you will never see the “light of day” again.
There is in each of our lives a debt crisis that requires our personal attention. That battle involves only us and the outcome is based totally upon our actions and decisions. While passing the buck seems to be the system to know, understand and practice, it will not work in our personal debt crisis as a solution. In our personal lives we like to explain our actions with a phrase that we hope changes the subject and removes our responsibility. We love to live by the expression personally when doing wrong, “the devil made me do it”. Yes, let’s blame it on the devil! He is the perfect guy to give the credit too…oh sorry forgive me, She is the perfect girl to give the credit too…oh no, who do I blame this on and be politically correct? Now I have a real battle on my hand. Is the devil a guy or a girl? Attempting to be politically correct is not easy. Maybe I should just quite writing because I will surely make someone mad with every stroke of the pen.
Just as I have done in this article, it is easy to get side tracked and off in left field without staying focused on the issue at hand. Yes, our Nation has a debt crisis. We are spending more than we are bringing into the storehouse and eventually this will stop and our government will get on a plan that can turn the situation around. Personally, we are each in a debt crisis of sin also. No we don’t want to talk about this nor do we want this making the headlines either. Who wants to talk about a sin debt? Who wants to talk about being stuck, who wants to admit they are not a light of hope, or like salt is to flavor? The good news is that there is an answer! We are not stuck, we are not without hope, we are not without help. Yes, the debt is too big for us to pay off, yes, the debt requires more than we have in our personal assets or could pool together with others. Our sin debt can only be resolved through the shed blood of Jesus Christ as our Personal Lord and Savior. It is only through Him that we are able to find relief and a new beginning with complete and total forgiveness.
I am not sure what will happen with our Nations debt crisis, but I know what I have done to take care of my personal debt crisis. I invited Jesus into my heart and I surrendered all I have and all I will have to Him. Accepting His actions as the perfect plan was the first step in my recovery and trusting Him no matter what comes my way is step two. Unless you are a member of Congress you will not have a specific vote on our Nations Debt Crisis but you are fully in charge of your personal debt crisis, and Jesus is the only answer. Acts 4:12.

Until then

No comments: