Friday, November 27, 2015

A living fatith from my Great-Grandfather Nasby Mills & my Grandfather C.H. Mills

Death is the sort of topic that will all due diligence we attempt to avoid discussing. Recently I posted on Twitter (@THMills) that "When you can face death in front of your family it gives ministers a living faith to share when you are gone". This statement I believe to be true because in my personal life I have been able to use the confidence and trust I witnessed family members demonstrate when they faced death. The truth is without them sharing with me their stories of belief and how they decided to follow Jesus Christ I am confident that at their hour of death I wold have been a person most miserable and lost without faith. My great-grandfather Nasby Mills became a Christian sitting in his barn, on a wagon seat, in Stinking Creek at Mills, Ky., in Knox County. This decision for him was one made late in his life but he said, "I knew this was my time and I prayed to God". My grandfather C. Hobart Mills came to my father's home and we talked and he shared that God had been speaking to him all throughout the night and we knelt and prayed in my father's drive-way. Hearing him ask Jesus Christ to come into his heart, in his own words, is a most precious moment I am thankful to God for experiencing with my grandfather. Precious Moments are those in which I find my heart over flowing in "thanks" "giving". The opportunity to witness, observe and share in the life of individuals coming to faith in Jesus Christ is a powerful moment that creates life long memories and eternal forgiveness. Knowing the confidence individuals have placed in the promises of Jesus has been the life chord when life here on earth has ended and our appointed time has arrived. It is in these moments when we have an opportunity to share our faith while living, that in our deaths life can be shared because of our testimony even though we are no longer here. Give your life a living faith today by sharing your "thanks" for the "giving" of God's only son for our sins. Until then

No comments: