Friday, March 11, 2016

Happy 'springtime' Happy Jesus time too!

In the phrase "springtime" I automatically hear great weather, flowers and baseball. It is amazing what we hear when we are really listening and even more so when we know what we want to hear. I confess my disposition for great weather is in an always status and I am man enough to say I love flowers, landscaping and even yard statues. As for baseball being a part of my "springtime" mindset allow me to write my baseball thoughts as ice cream and apple pie! Growing-up I remember flying a kite in March because this month is always windy. Spring weather includes a wide array of weather related possibilities including floods, tornados, and dreaded lightening bolts from the sky. Two direct opposite weather experiences all in the same month not to mention the possibility of hearing one thing and two different people have two entirely different thoughts from hearing the exact same words. Christianity is a word that can strike just as many different thoughts in an individual's mind too. My first thoughts are love and plan. I have no doubts or questions regarding God's love because I believe the scripture John 3:16. Plan comes to my mind because there are only two plans in life and each is clearly defined in John 10:10 in the Bible....another scripture that I totally believe and have based my life of faith upon. With the arrival of "springtime" and the windy every changing weather of March it is difficult to predict what exactly will be ones weather experience. With respect to weather there is no real variable to predict any particular weather to occur with regularity but with respect to faith there is plenty that can be predicted. The fact that Jesus is a friend that sticks by closer than a brother is well worth clinging to no matter the storms that will blow in and out of our lives. Happy "springtime" and happy Jesus time too! Until then

No comments: