Monday, October 11, 2021

The value of life, you decide

The 56th year of my life was personally documented with daily published thoughts, expressions, photos, ideas and questions through Facebook and Twitter. Highlighting you're thinking through social media was challenging for me. I took this course of action as a way to publicly share my self-motivations, thoughts on Christianity, my attitude about life and what keeps me smiling. I have written personal journals throughout my lifetime, but never have I attempted to condense my thoughts down to 280 characters or less. I remain fully committed to the thought that most people like to think they will always remember what we believe, shared or the stories we told, but with time and age memories sadly fade. However that which we write down becomes a recorded part of history about us, our life, and all that we write about, that will never fade away. “The value of life is one lived where a difference is made in the lives of others”, my written thought for day 329, which occurred on July 23, 2021. I have the practice of identifying key words from a sentence and then putting them together and seeing if they communicate the same intent. It’s kinda my own sentence diagram and in this case, the message communicates strongly for me. Value, life, difference, others. One of the greatest opportunities we have in life is the gift of observation. Having the chance to see and watch others and to witness how they live their lives is one outstanding teacher. I would never suggest that one embraces freely and without any cost analysis the impact of following the leader, but to see the positive and the negative provides a clear picture of what is best for you. To question the value of life, I’ve see the value be placed at such a low cost. The value has such a low threshold that mentally one could care less whether you had it or didn’t. Thats not the value I have for myself or anyone else. Attempting to give others value can be an up hill battle especially if they have never cherished life nor considered what an appropriate appraisal would look like. Selfishness is one of the easiest traits that can develops and grow. Without consistent checks and balances you can be overwhelmed in no time flat. In developing land, environmentalist, engineers, and contractors are always interested in the “Impact Study”. What is going to happen if we do this, or if we do that? The same is true for individuals and this one life we have to live. The difference I want to make in others is positive, but I know my short-comings and how easy it is to miss the desired impact, but I won’t miss it because of a lack of effort. Real friendship and investment allows for honesty to be a hallmark of ones life, surrounded by mutual respect and appreciation. Failures, when shared constructively, are an awesome tool of learning and difference making. I am not sure what you consider your life purpose to be. I don’t know how you evaluate if a life lived was a good one or not, but for me, I’m watching to see the impact of your life on others, then that will tell me a big chunk of who you are. Life can be filled with quotes, phrases, thoughts and ideas, but if action is never taken purposely to intentionally make a difference in the lives of others, I would say you missed the value of life completely. Until then

No comments: