Monday, October 18, 2021

Traveling connected

“It is easy in life to travel the wrong road spiritually. Just think about the last time you were traveling and lost. You kept driving along thinking I’m gonna see something that will help, but there is nothing on the wrong way that does”. #THM I have logged many miles on like’s highways. These logged miles include walking on foot, in a car, on a bus, in the air on a plane, by horse, and 4-wheeler to name some of my personal modes of travel. In each of these experiences I have looked for familiar sights that I recognize. Air travel I never had figured out how to spot the sights I need for reference. I’ve flown into the Northern Kentucky Greater Cincinnati Airport hundreds of times and seems like every flight travels from some new direction and I know there are only two approaches to the airport, so go figure my thinking. Life is often this way. We should be able to figure something out, but we don’t. We should be able to recognize where we are, yet it is so tough to do. We should be able to get our bearings but this is much more challenging to do at times than at others. As a Christian I have found myself in many a mess spiritually. I realize that this confess is tough for some to admit, but it helps me as a Christian to admit how easy it is for me to make a mess. The challenge for me as a Christian is staying in touch with my base, my base foundation being Jesus Christ. My communication connections are prayer, Bible study, listening to sermons and messages, reading the Bible for pleasure and allowing God to speak into my life. Thankfully the pilots of the airplanes I have flown have been in constant contact with air traffic control. A super system if you will, that allows for radar tracking contact, vision contact, radio contact, each with a specific purpose and yet each playing their part in the big picture of safe air travel. These features between the airplane and air traffic control helps keep the plane on target and on the correct coordinates that will land the plan in on the proper runway and even get we passengers to the proper gate for disembarking the plane. Really amazing how all these work together for the end product. It is possible that one of these different elements could be lost for a time period and all things still operate safely. For example radar and visual are important and we need both but there was a time that pilots landed plans by visual sight alone without radar. Radio communications are important, but with a clear understanding of what needs to happen, things can go on safely without incident if everyone does \their part and what they know to do and what others are expecting them to do. In the Christian life, sometimes we are absent some of the important elements that helps us as Christians navigate the journey of life, spiritually. Sometimes we forget to pray, sometimes we haven’t read our Bible, or taken time to make sure we remain solidly grounded by keeping all our contact points clean and grounded. I believe it is easy to travel down the wrong road and we help that dilemma because we keep traveling thinking we are going to see something that will immediately provide us our bearings and foundation again. Stay connected might not be easy always, but it is a sure way to travel safely. Until then

No comments: