Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here's a conversation to begin....

Not sure what you enjoyed about high school, but when it came to classroom discussions, I loved History and Civics Class. These two subjects provided for great conversations regarding current events and lively discussions.
English was a favorite subject of mine. I loved all the plays and to be taught their value has greatly increased my understanding of life, people and situations. Imagine, I learned that in school? Laughing with a smile is always good.
The discussion of current events in History Class one is able to find evidence for what we believe, even if we don’t want to admit the chances are our interpretation will not be the national average opinion. Civic Class and the discussion of government, her role in our lives and our responsibility to be active and participate will bring out the worse in some people even today.
Currently our Country has a lot of questions racing through minds of folks that think and wonder. Some will give up and not even address some issues because they don’t believe any thing will come of it, while others will hold to their position and fight to the very end wanting concessions of victory. I’ve been writing about the church and issues, so I need to add some current events so folks won’t believe I am old fashion in my thinking and stuck in some decade past.
Michael Jackson has died, and his death is due to drugs. Some want to put the blame on doctors but the best words I heard about this came from one individual in the Jackson Camp. Michael is responsible for his own death, no need to blame any one else, they said. I agree, but is personal responsibility something we really believe in? My heart has long grieved for individuals misusing drugs and who are addicted, but help begins within. Yes, outstretched arms for those steps are ours to extend, but it takes two to walk side by side.
Listening to the Confirmation Hearing of Sonia Sotomayor makes me wonder why some Districts elect the Senators that they do. Justice should be blind but it’s not. Every individual I know relates life to their experiences. It’s the learning from our experiences to help others that makes the lessons of life teachable from any position. I expect our Supreme Court Justice will use their backgrounds for rulings. We however hope that they will be opened minded to learn and view things from all points of view.
There is so much to discuss and so much to debate that I could write for days. But what is the answer to the real question of life when asked, what is really important. Michael is dead and based upon what he did with Jesus Christ, there in is the answer. We may have the first Hispanic Women to serve on the US Supreme Court shortly, but law with out mercy and grace is barbaric.
Not sure what all the answers are, and I am glad to have an opinion to share but there is always a bottom line. In all our Country’s events, we are moving toward a coming day when the sky’s shall unfold, trumpets will sound, and even the dead will rise. The only problem with that moment and those events will be that it will be to late to make a decision. I would respectfully suggest you start begin your decision of conversation now. You don’t want to be late!

Until then

No comments: