Friday, April 10, 2015

One word, two words, three words fours. Words are important!

Words are used with such power and force today. Single words can be used in such a way as to define some individuals. Other words describe thoughts, programs, events and even organizations. I use words everyday and I use words with a specific meaning or intention too. I think I understand their positive impact and potential in an array of ways. Using words to present things or people in a negative view or to write despairingly about others is not a practice that I want to happen un-expectantly much less planned in any form or fashion. To destroy someone's self-confidence, respect or opinion can happen with very little effort if you choose your words wisely. The power held in words used by others and what they say about us should not have an impact upon us. The reason this statement position is true and should have no impact upon us is because we have no control about what others say about us. Yet the truth is we as individuals have a difficult time keeping the words of others from impacting us. We struggle to separate the frustration of a lie spoken from the truth, even when we know what is the truth. With such an influence by words guarding our tongue and protecting our mind from the negative expressions or experiences of life can be a challenge. One tool at our disposal would be the repeating of that which is positive. I am not opposed at all of reminding myself of good things, positive moments, even events which encouraged my inner spirit. I believe in self motivation when no one is around and you know you need to move and get going. I also believe in the motivation we can receive from others too. The role of a cheerleader is important. Hearing applause or hearing an expression of encouragement being yelled from the sidelines can help us push ourselves when we are struggling with our journey along life's highway. Depending upon your station in the journey of life you might find yourself in a variety of positions. You could be a cheerleader for others or find yourself in need of the encouragement of others. The words we use can be spring broad or a stumbling board on the ground. "Think before you speak" is not an expression I just came up with. It is nevertheless a perfect expression to remind ourselves that our words can build others up or tear-down self-esteem, self-confidence and even self-worth. I know my self-value can be shaken when I question myself and my core values. We are all entitled to change our opinions, thoughts and positions. However, our core values are that which we build our life upon. These are truths within us that give us the ability to stand firmly even though things are moving around us. The words we use about ourselves and the words we use to describe others can be the difference between victory and defeat. I personally would rather say "I believe", "then I doubt that". Until then

No comments: